My EDC in the last few years has been the Convoy 2+ system. It is small and powerful with a large range of emitters, battery barrels, and accessories. I have the a couple different emitters for color temperature and a UV emitter with the optional visible filter. There’s 2 different clips and tail cap options including a ring magnet. However I found the magnet too weak to be useful for all orientations and using it prevents the screw on clip. It was less than ideal for a lot of EDC.
Enter the Perun 2 I saw on a EDC video. What caught my eye was the right angle emitter, the clip and the magnet And even a RED night vision mode! So I got one to try and it is awesome! Compared to the Convoy 2 here are the pros and cons:
- About half the size of the Convoy.
- Red mode
- Multiple turn on modes: click to turn on to last power setting, long click for moon mode, double click for red mode
- Comes with a head strap
- The magnet is very powerful and useful
- Charges the battery with a magnetic USB charger
- More than twice the cost
- Not was powerful
- No ecosystem
- The red mode has a slow SOS mode which isn’t very useful. I bike/walk blink mode would be a LOT more useful.